Are you interested in helping us build a sustainable food future right here in Green Bay? Would you like to take part in a community-driven project to grow local, healthy food and improve lives through job training and education? We’re always looking for new volunteers at The Farmory in a variety of roles.
AmeriCorps VISTA at The Farmory
NeighborWorks Green Bay and the Farmory utilize Americorps and Vista volunteers in several capacities.
The Farmory is searching for our next great VISTA Member! We have two opportunities that could be filled by two different people, or one person that would like to start as a Summer VISTA Associate and then continue as our full-term Farmory VISTA Member. If you’re interested in either or both of these VISTA positions, please email a resume to email@example.com.
- NOW RECRUITING SUMMER VISTA ASSOCIATE
Marketing, Public Relations and Data Management AssociateAmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate
Green Bay, WINeighborWorks Green Bay seeks one outstanding individual to provide one summer of service through AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). NeighborWorks Green Bay is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide resources and opportunities to low-income families and communities. Our AmeriCorps VISTA will function as a core member of The Farmory’s staff devoted to bringing low-income individuals and communities out of poverty. The Farmory VISTA Summer Associate will conduct activities for The Farmory’s urban aquaponics farm and fish hatchery.The VISTA will work in a team with staff to coordinate our education and community outreach programs and help us develop a robust on-line presence. This will include organizing educational workshop programs, implementing virtual and (as appropriate) in person Open House event. This individual will also help us set up The Farmory’s use of SalesForce to streamline our volunteer, donor and customer management data sets. The purpose of this work is to enhance community engagement with The Farmory project.This position requires a commitment to serve as a full-time staff member for a ten (10) week period beginning Monday, June 1, 2020 and ending on Sunday, August 9, 2020. Compensation is paid directly to VISTA Summer Associates in the form of a modest bi-weekly living allowance of $479.08 from AmeriCorps VISTA. At the end of the term of service, the VISTA is eligible to receive either a Summer Education Award of $1,311.11, or an End of Service Stipend is $345. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA, see http://www.nationalservice.
Training and Qualifications
• U.S. Citizen at least 18 years of age
• Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Relevant non-profit or community development experience
• Computer skills required (MS Office products proficiency helpful)
• Other language skills a plus
• Ability to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and follow-through
• Maintains regular and timely attendance
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 24, 2020. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Claire Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer VISTA Associate: This is an 8-week term starting in June and ending in early August at 40 hours per week. The Summer VISTA will be tasked with organizing our community outreach events, developing on-site education opportunities, and developing standard operating procedures at our new West De Pere High School location.
- Farmory VISTA Member: This is a year-long position August – August at 40 hours per week. The Farmory VISTA Member will continue to assist with resource development for the complete renovation of our armory building, assist with integrating our aquaponics system into West De Pere High’s curriculum, continue to develop community partnerships, conduct a needs assessment for product needs in local institutions, and develop a volunteer exiting process and an outreach plan for engagement of “graduated” program participants.”
- Farmory summer VISTA Position: The Summer VISTA member serving with The Farmory will have an impact on individuals and the community, while gaining excellent experience in the development of a project focused on community, environment, and food sustainability. They will be working with other community leaders who have wide and deep expertise within the various aspects of The Farmory development. Learn more here: