Are you interested in helping us build a sustainable food future right here in Green Bay? Would you like to take part in a community-driven project to grow local, healthy food and improve lives through job training and education? We’re always looking for new volunteers at The Farmory in a variety of roles.
AmeriCorps VISTA at The Farmory
The Farmory utilizes Americorps VISTA volunteers in several capacities.
The Farmory is searching for our next great VISTA Member! We have two Summer VISTA opportunities available- with the possibility of continuing on as a year-long VISTA. If you’re interested, please fill out the online application HERE and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Farmory Summer VISTA Positions: We have two openings for Summer VISTA members serving with The Farmory. The Farmory VISTA Summer Associates will conduct activities for our urban aquaponics farm and fish hatchery, such as recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers in the operations of the farm, organizing and representing The Farmory at community outreach events, organizing educational workshops, and coordinating and implementing fundraisers. Both VISTA positions will connect closely with other staff and volunteers to stabilize communities and build personal and community assets in low- and moderate-income communities. Apply HERE by April 30, 2019.
- VISTA Member: This is a year-long position August – August at 40 hours per week. Stay tuned for position openings!
Volunteer Positions we are currently looking to fill:
Fish Hatchery Volunteer
Purpose: Do you want to be part of something new and exciting? The Farmory is launching our yellow perch fish hatchery and we need volunteers to help care for our fish! Specifically, you would be watching over the eggs, larvae, and fingerlings of our brood stock. We are offering volunteer positions or internships. The Farmory needs passionate volunteers that are willing to help tend to the fish in our system to ensure that we are producing happy and healthy fish. You will be key in helping us launch the aquaculture and aquaponics industry in Wisconsin with education and consistent seed stock (fingerlings) for prospective aquaculture and aquaponics farmers!
Location: This position will take place at, The Farmory (815 Chicago St. Green Bay, WI 54301).
Supervisor: You will be supervised by the Farmory Hatchery Director, Dr. Ken Webb.
- Daily fish hatchery tasks to help monitor and care for yellow perch eggs, larvae, and fingerlings
- Recording research and observations
- Keeping the area clean/Putting materials back where they belong
- Working with a team to ensure health of whole “farm”
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and effectiveness in task and time management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Training will be provided by Farmory Hatchery Director
- A minimum of 4 hours a week
- Commitment starting in April 2019 and continuing until July 2019
We offer four shifts daily:
Shift 1: 7:00am-9:00am
Shift 2: 12-12:30pm
Shift 3: 4:00-5:00pm
Shift 4: 8:00-9:00pm
Interested persons should download the Fillable Volunteer Information PDF and email the completed form to Allison Hellenbrand, Farmory Volunteer VISTA at email@example.com . Please feel free to call (920) 593-3714 with any questions. Site Address: 815 Chicago St., Green Bay, WI 54301. Mailing Address: 437 S. Jackson, Green Bay, WI 54301. Media inquiries or questions regarding donating can go to Claire Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.