Are you interested in helping us build a sustainable food future right here in Green Bay? Would you like to take part in a community-driven project to grow local, healthy food and improve lives through job training and education? We’re always looking for new volunteers at The Farmory in a variety of roles.
AmeriCorps VISTA at The Farmory
NeighborWorks Green Bay and the Farmory utilize Americorps and Vista volunteers in several capacities.
The Farmory is searching for our next great VISTA Member! We have two opportunities that could be filled by two different people, or one person that would like to start as a Summer VISTA Associate and then continue as our full-term Farmory VISTA Member. If you’re interested in either or both of these VISTA positions, please email a resume to email@example.com.
- Summer VISTA Associate: This is an 8-week term starting in June and ending in early August at 40 hours per week. The Summer VISTA will be tasked with organizing our community outreach events, developing on-site education opportunities, and developing standard operating procedures at our new West De Pere High School location.
- Farmory VISTA Member: This is a year-long position August – August at 40 hours per week. The Farmory VISTA Member will continue to assist with resource development for the complete renovation of our armory building, assist with integrating our aquaponics system into West De Pere High’s curriculum, continue to develop community partnerships, conduct a needs assessment for product needs in local institutions, and develop a volunteer exiting process and an outreach plan for engagement of “graduated” program participants.”
- Farmory summer VISTA Position: The Summer VISTA member serving with The Farmory will have an impact on individuals and the community, while gaining excellent experience in the development of a project focused on community, environment, and food sustainability. They will be working with other community leaders who have wide and deep expertise within the various aspects of The Farmory development. Learn more here:
Volunteer Positions we are currently looking to fill:
- Farmory Ambassador: 2 hours a week helping spread the message about the Farmory’s mission and build a network of fundraisers. Sign up, Click here.
- Farmory Education Developer: 10 hours a week developing processes to help grow the Farmory.
- Farmory Program Developer: 10 hours a week developing processes to help grow the Farmory.
- Button Creator: Help make Farmory buttons by hand!
Interested persons should download the Fillable Volunteer Information PDF and email completed form to Alex Smith, Farmory Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please feel free to call (920) 593-3708 with any questions. Site Address: 815 Chicago St., Green Bay, WI 54301. Mailing Address: 437 S. Jackson, Green Bay, WI 54301. Media inquiries or questions regarding donating can also go to Alex. Click on this link to download form: Fillable Volunteer Information Form PDF